Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Lawrence History Center geneaology talk

A fantastic discussion at the Lawrence History Center last night, a big thanks to LHC for inviting me to speak to their Geneaology Group. Since more people ask about the "glamorous" part of the actual film shoot, I hardly ever get to talk about the intense (and fun for geeks like me) research I had to do to write this film. Bringing history to life while still telling an entertaining, fictional story is nearly impossible without gobs of research. Plus, the staff at the History Center will tell you, I love the smell of history. Old books, old maps, objects from the past -- stories abound. So it was terrific to have the opportunity to address fellow researchers who understand the buzz you get from making discoveries, connections, and insights into the past.

1 comment:

Erin said...

I've recently been doing a bunch of research on silent films for a teaching game I have to make - 3 days of intense film history research! So I know what you mean on a tiny scale.